Friday, May 31, 2013

I know I've been quiet for a while, but there's been a lot going on in my life lately. So, I'll start from the beginning. We are refinancing our mortgage, so there's that drama of papers being signed; credit reports, pay stubs, etc.

Then this past weekend, we drove down to San Antonio for a wedding of the daughter of good friends of ours who live in Houston. Only problem? San Antonio had twelve inches of rain. By the time we reached Austin, the traffic was next to impossible. We decided to use the toll road from Georgetown, TX directly into San Antonio. We watched helplessly as people drove too fast and spun out of control, so there were accidents all over the place. By the time we reached the hotel, we had an our to prepare for the wedding.

While getting dressed, my husband handed me his prescription pills he needed to take after dinner. I just put them in the pill packet I had brought for my non prescription pills and thought nothing of it.
After dinner, I handed the packet to my husband and told him to take out his and what's left is mine. About a half hour later, I got sicker than a dog and had to go back upstairs to the room. In the morning, I discovered that he had taken my calcium supplement and Beeno. I had taken his high blood pressure and diabetes medicine which I have neither ailment. I'm lucky that I didn't have to go to the ER!!

So, the next day we drive to the Riverwalk to stay at a hotel there. The Garmin keeps telling us to go one way but guess what? That highway was under twelve feet of water! Using a map, we were able to get around the flooded highway to make it to our hotel. We then had a good time.

We got home Monday afternoon and when we walked in the door, I looked at my kitchen sink. It was filled with debris. My sink had backed up. I know better than to call a plumber on a holiday, so I had to wait until Tuesday to call. Turned out to be a really nice guy and didn't charge me an arm or a leg.

Tuesday, we went to see a lawyer about setting up a will. It's expensive but it's something we need to do.

Thursday, after my shower, my hair dryer caught fire. Why me?

I hope I have a quiet weekend!  I deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment