Sunday, September 7, 2014

Welcome Football Season

Have you ever done something really simple and hurt yourself? I seem to do it all the time. Here I work out religiously for more than an hour a day. I mow our lawn, do my own housecleaning and laundry. I even iron...gasp! How old fashioned is that? ( I do 'write' via my laptop; not handwrite) but still. I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Yesterday, when I took the laundry out of the dryer, some of it fell onto the floor. When I bent down to pick it up...OUCH! I pulled a muscle on my left side right underneath my ribs. I couldn't stand up straight if my life depended on it. I hobbled to the bedroom and just stayed on the bed, inert. Finally, it felt a little better and I stood up. Nope! It still hurt like the dickens! I've had an ice/heat patch on it all night but I am moving slow today. I do not like feeling under the weather!

However, today is the first day of the NFL season. I will spend the day sitting (thank goodness) and watching the games. After the preseason games, I do not have much hope for my team but still will show my support. Since following them since 1984, you think I would be used to them losing but no. On the bright side, I haven't seen my team friends since December of last year, so I look forward to this afternoon! Yeah for football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment