Sunday, March 15, 2015

Getting there....

What a week!

Now that I'm feeling about 90% better (it's true, I don't know how to relax), I have run non-stop this week.

I don't know about you, but have you seen a hospital bill lately? I know when my parents were going through the last stages of their lives in 2007 and 2008, I reviewed them and thought they were astronomical. Well let me tell you, they were peanuts compared to my one night stay in the hospital. I requested a copy of my bill so I can forward it to AFLAC, our supplemental insurance. It almost stopped by heart! And that doesn't even include the surgery and the ancillary charges. I'm broke! Insurance covers the majority of it but with the higher deductibles and co insurance? I'm going to be eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while!

Better news; someone recommended Play for Me for the library book club for next year. Thank you very much! Only drawback, is that currently, it's only in eBook format and not all of the members have a Kindle or a Nook. The librarian wants me to find out if I can get some copies to give to the library.

Next, a local wine shop is hosting a Writers & Wine event on April 30th of this year. It's a chance to sell and promote your books. I have signed up to participate. I used bookmarks to promote When the Runway Went South and I don't know if it was very effective. I am looking to print out business cards and postcards of my books. My creative side lives in my writing, not art. I am going to tap some resources to see if they can help me out.

I just want to thank all of you who support me. I can't tell you how much I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment