Sunday, October 4, 2015

Keeping It All In Perspective

This is the first time in my life, that I'm writing two books at a time. It is really hard to keep your characters straight. I mean, one day, I want to focus on the drag racing heroine but the cruise ship heroine keeps popping up.  And vice versa.

So, I lock myself into a room, only to be interrupted by life. Cars not working, phone calls from long lost friends, dishwasher disconnecting from the housing unit, house plants who decide to uproot over night spilling all over the beige carpet. (No, don't have any pets, darn it.) Loved ones going through difficult times who need to talk.

Waiting to see if my next manuscript has passed the test, waiting for overdue royalty statements. Feeling pretty stressed out. But then I hear about my dear friend who is going through something ten times worse then me. It keeps me humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment