Sunday, December 30, 2012

I know I've been quiet for a while, but I've been on vacation. We drove to Scottsdale, AZ to visit with relatives for the Christmas holiday.  It is a two day drive and we have never been through that part of the United States. It was absolutely stunning. The mountains and deserts in New Mexico left me breathless.  On the way home, we tried 70E in AZ which was stunning as well. Didn't do much for our time frame but the scenery was well worth it.
We arrived in Scottsdale at our timeshare (we were just there in March) only to find the heat, fireplace and emergency flashlight didn't work. We told the management but due to the holidays, repair personnel were unable to fix it, so we dressed warmly.  The days were not bad, it was the nights that were really cold.
Sunday, we went to see the Chicago Bears play the Arizona Cardinals. It was fun. Then on Monday, we visited relatives we hadn't seen in quite a while. Tuesday, we celebrated Christmas with other family and on Wednesday we were on the road again heading back home.

Also, my first round of edits for Play for Me came to me and I was really anxious to start on them. I tried looking at them in the car, but it was a bumpy ride. I then wanted to print them out but I couldn't find a printer that worked. So, I had the laptop on in the car.
I am really pleased with the suggestions that my editor made and have tackled it now that I'm home. I am excited about his story and can't wait to share it with the public.

I wish all of you a safe and wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment