Sunday, August 30, 2015

Stay True to Yourself

August has not been kind to me, but I'm tough, right?

I went to an all girls' Catholic High School and a Catholic Junior College before I went on to get my masters degree in Music Education. My grades were not really that good, but I plugged away. I will tell you why. The nuns that I had as teachers were the best at helping you reach your potential. Yes, they were tough and I got angry at them when I felt they pushed me too hard but at the end? It was worth it. My piano teacher, my vocal instructor and the principal were behind me 100%!

One of my hardest subjects was Journalism. I remember my teacher's name. Sister Victorine. She would give me C's on my papers. We had to write about a variety of subjects. I wrote to get good grades. Finally, she told me the secret. Stay true to yourself. When I discovered my voice, my grades improved dramatically.

I had to make a very hard decision this week and it had to be one of the hardest things I had to do, but it wouldn't be me.  Thank you, Sister V!

No comments:

Post a Comment