Monday, May 30, 2016

Vacation is Over!

I'm posting this book of mine, because it reminds me of how much I love the game of golf.
My husband I took a road trip to Sedona, AZ this past week. It's been a long time since we've done that and I looked forward to it.

The first day was horrible. We witnessed two fatal truck accidents which bothered me. I hate seeing them, but the way people drive these days, I'm not surprised. Needless to say, my nerves kicked in and now I know every truck stop on I-40 in New Mexico and Northern Arizona!

The next day was much better and we arrived in the late afternoon and checked into our timeshare. The weather was beautiful all week and had no complaints at all. We strolled around the shops and uptown Sedona. We ate at our favorite restaurants. We visited our relatives in Phoenix and played two rounds of golf.

We even struck up conversations with other time share owners and we all agreed the sales staff are sharks. What is supposed to be a forty-five minute meeting turns out to be four, wasting your day of vacation. Now that we are platinum members, we no longer have to attend these inane meetings. I was very proud of myself when I said, "No means no! I do not have twenty-thousand dollars to give to you! Back off!

I'm working on an eighth book and had a dilemma on how to end it. While relaxing, I did come up with a great idea, so I'm anxious to get back to writing.

Now that I've done the grocery shopping, laundry, yard work and catching up on my emails, I'm ready! It's good to know my mind never takes a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment