Sunday, February 11, 2018

Changing World of the Author

With all of this cold weather, I want to go to Bora Bora. Enough is enough! I know this shall pass, but I've been spoiled living in Texas with the mild winter weather. Guess what? It hasn't been mild. We even had a freezing ice storm this morning and let me tell you, I'm still hearing sirens!

Back to writing. Being an author has evolved since I started. Now, you have so many hats to wear it's like you have to hunt and seek to find time to write. I'm following a blog on FB from a successful author and it's an eye opening experience. Everything she posts is true. It's a dangerous world out there and you have to negotiate what's real and what's not.

To me, the hardest part is promoting my books. I have FB pages, this blog, my website and a Twitter account, Instagram and my big mouth. I don't know if that's enough. People depend on reveiws but they too can be skewed and bad things can be said about your books.

But back to my manuscripts, my characters are becoming active and vocal and I have found that I've written more this week than I have in a while. I get so intense, that time flies and my shoulders cramp because I've been sitting and typing too long. But when I read what I've written, I'm pleased.

Like any other profession, I need to hang in there and be consistent and patient.



No comments:

Post a Comment