Saturday, April 7, 2018

Good advice!

More and more with my Facebook feed, I'm getting linked to experienced authors who have a wealth of information to share. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it since I seem to live in this tiny bubble of my office, rarely getting out only to run errands!

I made some headway on my Billionaire series but struggling to devote as much time as I'd like.

And I'm angry. I know I should be thankful for living in a country with free speech, but I was once again, for the fifth time in my life, selected for Jury Duty. I go this Monday and who knows how long it will take. I have friends of over thirty years old who would love to be selected but never are. I don't get it. It's all random. Even Mr. Obama was selected for Jury Duty.

Last time I went, they didn't select me because I was a published author.  I had to go back the next day in order to get paid. I could've donated the money to the state, but I wanted to be reimbursed for gas. The court house is not close!

The time before that, I lived in Reading, PA. I have a cousin who is a lawyer and also an uncle who is a retired Chicago policeman. I used that card and BAM! I was selected and was there until 7 pm.

And the other times, either the case was cancelled or they didn't select me.

On top of that, I broke a crown last night. My dentist does not work on weekends but I would like to get it fixed ASAP. I have to wait to see what the Jury Duty involves.

On a positive note, I will be a guest author on my editors blog on 4/14. I will keep you posted with the blog address!

And it's cold here in Dallas! It's only 44 with a windchill of 28! Brrr! Where's spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment