Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day vs Finishing Writing

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Thanks to all who have served our country.
We have had quite the weather pattern here in North Texas. It has rained almost every single day for three weeks. We are water logged! This rain is of gigantic proportions. I know other places are even worse than us, but still! This morning, our pool was under six inches of water. I had to backwash it and since I'm the only one who knows how to do this in this household, just let me tell you. Family members got a lesson this morning. Oh? The mosquitos are terrible out there too!

Back to the book. I really didn't get to spend the time I wanted to and am really frustrated. I wish I could just lock myself away in a room for hours on end, but that's a fantasy, right? I love my life, don't get me wrong, but there is always something which comes up and I have to set my writing aside. Darn!

Putting a book together takes a great deal of concentration and effort. As an author, you strive to give it all you've got. Unfortunately, I'm a perfectionist. I keep changing things around, knowing it could be better. This is what I'm trying to achieve with this next story.

I read a really good book while running errands. (Could you tell there was an auto repair in my days?) The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner. Highly recommend this for aspiring authors who get frustrated when people change your story. Very good!

When it's done, I hope all y'all will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment