Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ready for Summer?

Last day of May! And what a wet one for Texas! We finally have a dry day and it looks like it will be that way for a whole week!

As an author, trying to get writing time in a busy schedule can be challenging, that's for sure. I try to make time almost every day, but life comes along and shoots all plans down the drain.

A good example occurred this week where I had warned my family...Leave me alone! I retreated into my writing cave and wrote for hours. However, when I went to bed that very night, my subconscious, or should I say, my characters spoke to me and complained they didn't like the direction of the plot. I woke up at three in the morning and agreed with them.

The next morning, I ended up rewriting everything to correct the plot. This is supposed to be a comical book about life and love and what I had written appeared too maudlin. I didn't want to go in that direction. I'm taking today off to clear my head (so I say now). Who knows while I'm catching up on my outdoor planting if one of my characters starts speaking to me again. In that case it's back to the writing cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment