Sunday, January 29, 2017

Back to Writing!

Last Monday, I was proud of myself. There's been so much negativity in my writing career, I've been down in the dumps. After wallowing in self pity, I told myself to look at the great authors out there who have had worse things happen to them, yet they still keep writing.

So, I put my big girl pants on and sat down with my NHRA book and took it apart. I jotted notes in the margins and as my mind opened up, I now know where I want to go with this story.

But, I had to put it on hold for the rest of the week, which was okay. There was a lot going on in my life!

I had scheduled my second colonoscopy for Friday. That meant, switching from my high fiber diet to a low fiber one. After I've trained myself to eat healthy, I had to eat junk. On Tuesday, I gagged and hoped I didn't die of a heart attack before the actual procedure.

Wednesday, wasn't too bad. I discovered mac and cheese from the blue box and for dinner? I treated myself to the greasiest pizza ever. It was so good!

Come Thursday, it was all liquids before the prep started. I went to Dairy Queen to get a Lime Arctic Blast to sip on all day but the machine was broken! Really? I discovered lime popsicles at WalMart which worked well.

Needless to say, once I started the prep, I didn't get an ounce of sleep. I read two books within twenty-four hours. *Note to self: We need better lighting in the bathroom!

The day of the procedure came and the results were amazing! I only had two small polyps and the doctor put me on the five year plan, rather than the three year! Yay!

The next day, I felt like a Mack Truck had hit me. Found out that I still had the anesthesia in me. WebMd told me to drink lots of water with Sea Salt in it to rid my body of the toxins. It helped a little, but I was in bed by 9 pm. (I'm such a swinger!)

But today, I feel back to normal and come Monday, full speed ahead on my writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment